Sunday, December 13, 2015

Preface

 My journey in the car business began in the Mid 60's. I want to give special thanks to my father Benton Mac Barber, my mother Alice Christine Barber and my First mentor Bill Grizzard who I often see still today at Manheim Auto Auction in Nashville.

Dad I never wanted to be a grease monkey, but here I am today still telling of all the days you had me stripping parts off wrecked cars. I remember one in particular. It was snowing outside and you told me to go outside and take the steering column off a car. The windshield was out and the snow was blowing in on me and I was cussing every breath saying I never wanted to work on cars anyway! The experience was invaluable!

Mom, I am sorry for tracking grease in house and often taking a bath leaving an oil ring around the tub. You would enjoy life with me now as I rarely get dirty from anything! lol

Bill, I was scared to death to leave the security of a Job I had. I know it took you a long time to convince me to take the chance. Once I did I never looked back. I have no earthly idea what I would have done without your guidance in this business. I believe you are still the best car man I have ever known and my journey's have put me with some of the best!


Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment