Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Don't invest in a car lot!

Most people do not understand that owning a car lot is a lot of hassle. It is more than buying and selling cars. It is a full time business to answer to the State DMV every detailed action you are involved in. An example would be trying to be a licensed electrical contractor and then trying to wire houses.

You can have the same privileges as a auto dealer by working through a licensed auto dealer. This dealer can authorize you to act upon their behalf to buy and sell cars. You negotiate your privlige fees with the dealer.
 A very good friend of mine has lived a very good life. He often compares flying an airplane does not necessarily mean you must own it. This is so true.

I have been a car dealer for over 40 years and the best years in the car business were the years I spent not running a car business.

The absolute best way to be in the car business is as a rep for the dealer who owns the Dealership. Let him handle all the business aspect and let me buy and sell cars. I have my license through a dealer. He pays the bonds,insurance and all the overhead. I contribute to his overhead with a small monthly fee.

You can negotiate a deal with a small used car lot that is a win,win for both of you.

I currently pay only $300 per month for access to dealer only auctions and I am able to transfer my titles through that dealer and avoid registering or paying tax on my vehicles.

I currently manage many car dealers agents programs for them. Due to my experience I can help you negotiate a win win deal wherever you live.

The main thing to understand is interstate laws to not apply to car dealers. A license from any state will work in the state you reside.

This perfectly legal and simple.

Larger car dealers are very politically connected and will not entertain these types of relationships.

I actually started dealing this way in cars in 1980. I had more fun than as I do now just buying and remarketing cars and leaving the headaches to the principal dealer.

The principal is condersidered the dealer but anyone trading in cars is the a car dealer.  The principal  can appoint as many dealers as he likes. Just as a  Real Estate broker can have many agents in their office.

No comments:

Post a Comment