Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Phylosophy



When starting any business it’s very important that you have a philosophy in mind.  Younger people tend to have a different philosophy between life and business.  As we get older we realize that life is simply a business. The car business is no different from any other life business.
  
The car business is strictly a lifestyle.  Most of us entered this business because we have a passion for automobiles.  As a matter of fact a passion for automobiles is what partly built America.
There are many reasons that I’m in this business however the main one is my passion for automobiles. As a young man growing up in a salvage yard I learned to diagnose and work on vehicles at a very early age. The type of vehicle I drove and the compliments that I got depended on my ability to whip the car into shape. I started driving some very ugly cars. First I would get them running good and then I would start doing bodywork.  I was known in school as the kid who all the time spend his money on his car. I wasn’t very popular with anyone except those that treasured their rides.
Once I got a car that looked sharp and traditionally was very fast other kids wanted to buy the cars from me. So I would sell it, go to the backfield and grab me another piece of junk and begin the process all over again of transforming that junk into a cool ride.

I had a reputation for knowing how to work on cars and transforming them.
As I think back now some of the classics that I had would be worth a fortune today.
What I loved more than anything was the desire that I created in people to own my masterpieces. Of course as a kid I never started working on a car with the intentions of selling it. So I put my efforts into making sure it was very good transportation for me to get to and from school as well as other places that I wanted to travel. The more I hesitated at selling a car the more prospective buyers were determined to own that car. I learned at very early age the take away close. 
The take away close is simply showing no interest of selling the vehicle. I often used the comment that it would take a lot of money to get this vehicle away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment